Every exam preparation related Current affairs are updated every day along with Current affairs Quiz (You will find Quiz at the end of each days’ 8 clocks) on the Current affairs Quiz page.These current events are prepared from The Hindu, PIB, Business Standard, Et, Wikipedia and other standard sources.
Anti-tank missile Nag successfully tested, induction-ready now
Indigenously developed Anti-Tank Guided Missiles (ATGM) Nag was successfully test-fired in desert conditions against two tank targets at different ranges and timings.
- With this, the developmental trials of Nag missile have been completed and it is now ready for induction
India junior selection chief Venkatesh Prasad resigns
Former India seamer Venkatesh Prasad tendered his resignation from the post of chairman, junior national selection committee, less than a month after the country won the U-19 World Cup.
- Prasad, who has worked as the head of the junior national selection committee for 30 months, of late, shared a cold relationship with the BCCI mandarins.
Chennai to host world junior squash tourney in July
- While the men’s and women’s world junior individual championship will be held from July 18 to 23, the team event will be held from July 24 to 29.
Saudi Arabia is set to make its debut in the World Team Squash championship when a team from the Arab State takes part in the tournament.
Gymnastics World Cup: Aruna Budda Reddy scripts a new chapter
Aruna Budda Reddy became the first Indian gymnast to clinch an individual medal at the Gymnastics World Cup in Melbourne by securing bronze in the women’s vault
- The 22-year-old Aruna, who hails from Hyderabad.
Venue: Melbourne Australia
Parupalli Kashyap wins Austrian Open
Reigning Commonwealth Games champion Parupalli Kashyap overcame Malaysia’s June Wei Cheam in straight games in the men’s singles final to clinch the Austrian Open International Challenge, his first international title in over three years..
AUSTRIAN OPEN 2018
- Event venue in Vienna, Austria
- Capital: Vienna
India, Russia, B’desh sign pact for Rooppur atomic plant
Indian companies can now participate in construction and installation works in the “non-critical” category for the Rooppur nuclear power plant in Bangladesh, according to the Russian atomic energy agency Rosatom.
- The Rooppur project is the first initiative under an Indo-Russian deal to undertake atomic energy projects in third countries. This will also be the first time Indian companies will be able to participate in a nuclear power project abroad.
India, Bangladesh, and Russia signed an agreement in this regard in Moscow, Russia.
K S Dwivedi has been appointed as the new DGP of Bihar
K S Dwivedi is a new director general of police of Bihar, according to a state home department notification.
- Dwivedi, a 1984 batch IPS officer
- Replace:P K Thakur.
Kathmandu: 7th meeting of EPG on Nepal-India relations concludes
- The seventh meeting of Eminent Persons Group (EPG) on Nepal-India relations has concluded in Kathmandu.
- Next meeting of the group will be held in New Delhi.
First Mega Food Park in Maharashtra at Satara inaugurated
The first Mega Food Park in the state of Maharashtra M/s Satara Mega Food Park Pvt. Ltd. at Village Degaon, District Satara was inaugurated by Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Minister of Food Processing Industries in the presence of Shri Devendra Fadnavis, Chief Minister, of Maharashtra.
- This is the 12th Mega Food Park operationalized in the country so far and the 10th operationalized during the tenure of present government.
- Tadoba National Park
Pench National Park
Chandoli National Park
Odisha govt launches ‘Ama Gaon, Ama Vikas’ programme
The Odisha government has launched a programme Ama Gaon, Ama Vikas (Our Village, our development) to reach out to the people in rural areas and involve themselves in the developmental activities.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has flagged off mobile video vans for ‘Ama Gaon Ama Vikas’ programme that will move across the State to highlight various welfare schemes at villages in the state.
- Through this Wi-Fi enabled latest technology video wall vans, people can directly send their grievances to the Chief Minister’s Office at the Secretariat in Bhubaneswar.
- This initiative administration will help people in solving their grievances instantly.
Karnataka unveils healthcare scheme
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on 2nd March unveiled a healthcare scheme aimed at benefitting about 1.43 crore households in the state.
“The ‘Arogya Karnataka’ (Healthy Karnataka) will provide quality primary, secondary and tertiary treatment to both BPL and APL families in the state,”
- It is a step towards a healthier and more productive Karnataka,
“Through the scheme, all below-poverty-line (BPL) households will get free treatment at government hospitals while for above-poverty-line (APL) households, the state will bear about 30 per cent of the treatment cost.“
The Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve
IOC restores Russia’s Olympic membership
International Olympic Committee (IOC) has restored Russia’s Olympic membership with immediate effect following its suspension from the Winter Olympics at Pyeongchang in South Korea.
- Russia was banned from February’s Games by the IOC over state-sponsored doping.
Before closing ceremony of the Games, the IOC had said that the ban would be lifted, as long as there were no more anti-doping violations.
Michael McCormack named Australia’s new deputy prime minister
In Australia, Michael McCormack has been elected new Deputy Prime Minister after being selected as the leader of the country’s National Party, the junior partner in the country’s coalition government.
- McCormack replaces former Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce .
Armen Sarkisian elected next Armenian president
Armenia’s parliament on March 2 elected Armen Sarkisian as the country’s next president.
- Sarkisian, a former prime minister and currently the country’s ambassador to the United Kingdom.
Arunachal Express flagged off
The new bi-weekly train Arunachal Express was flagged off by the Minister of State for Railway Rajen Gohain and Union Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju from Naharlagun railway station in Itanagar.
- The train is currently running once a week between Naharlagun and Delhi as an AC Express. The Prime Minister renamed the train as Arunachal Express.
- Minister of State for Railway
- Constituency in Assam
World Heritage Sites-
- Namdapha National Park
Centre approves Rs 2900 crore to make cities safer for women
Women and Child Development Ministry has approved projects worth over Rs 2,900 crore under the Nirbhaya fund for eight major cities to make them safer for women.
- These cities are Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and Lucknow.
The decision was taken after a meeting of Empowered Committee, which is headed by Women and Child Development Secretary.
J&K: Grievance redressal helpline ‘Raabta’ launched in Rajouri
In Jammu and Kashmir, an online portal, “Raabta,” to facilitate citizens residing in Rajouri district or other parts of the state register complaints or grievances was launched.
- Citizens could access the site using the web portal: http://raabta.nic.net.nic.in. Complaint number will be generated which, in turn, will be used for effective tracking of the complaint.
- A control centre has been established in the office of the deputy commissioner for effective and time-bound monitoring and disposal of complaints. This portal would function on the lines of the CM’s Grievance cell and the department to which a complaint pertains to would be made accountable.
Dachigam National Park, Kishtwar
National Park,Salim National Park, Hemis National Park
Indian Navy sailboat, INSV Tarini Arrives in Cape Town, South Africa
The Indian Navy’s second ocean-going sailboat, INSV Tarini entered Cape Town in South Africa during its maiden voyage to circumnavigate the globe. This is the first-ever Indian circumnavigation of the globe by an all-women crew.
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had flagged off INSV Tarini from Goa on 10th September last year. Presently, the vessel has covered four of the five legs of the voyage and entered the last port at Cape Town. It would return to Goa next month on completion of the voyage.
- The expedition titled Navika Sagar Parikrama, is in consonance with the national policy to empower women to attain their full potential. It also aims to showcase ‘Nari Shakti’ on the world platform and help in transforming societal attitudes and mindset towards women in India by raising visibility of their participation in challenging environs.
The vessel is skippered by Lieutenant Commander Vartika Joshi, and all women crew comprises Lieutenant Commanders Pratibha Jamwal, P Swathi, and Lieutenants S Vijaya Devi, B Aishwarya and Payal Gupta.
Shatrughan Sinha wins lifetime achievement award in UK
Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha has been honoured with a lifetime achievement award for his contribution to the fields of arts and politics.
- The annual Political and Public Life Awards instituted by Britain’s Asian Voice weekly newspaper was presented at a ceremony in the UK’s Parliament complex in London.
Sinha, who started his career as an actor in late 1960s, has to his credit over 225 Hindi feature films besides several in other Indian languages.
Goa celebrating Shigmotsav 2018
Goa is celebrating Shigmotsav . Shigmotsav or Shigmo is one of the several cultural festivals of the coastal state and is celebrated through colours, costumes, music, dance and parades.
- Shigmo parades offer glimpses of Goan life depicted through folk dance and music performances by locals.
It is marked by long processions and festivities on the streets and is a major draw for tourists and locals.
Last rites of Sridevi performed with state honour
The last rites of legendary Cine actor Sridevi, who passed away in Dubai were performed at Vile Parle crematorium in Mumbai with full state honours .
- Thousands of people attended the funeral procession.
Former SC judge Ratnavel Pandian passes away at 89
Former Supreme Court Judge Justice S Ratnavel Pandian has passed away at his Anna Nagar residence in Chennai. He was 89.
Noted Oriya bhajan singer Arabinda Muduli passes away
- Noted Oriya musician, lyricist and bhajan singer Arabinda Muduli passed away. He was 56.
- Born in 1961, Muduli won hearts of people by singing devotional songs and bhajans.
Literateur Prafulla Das passes away
On 3rd March 2018, literateur Prafulla Das has died at his home at Rajkanika in Kendrapara district, Odisha.
- Prafulla Das was 91 years old. ‘Banhimana’, the biography of freedom fighterMalati Chaudhury, brought him the Sarala Award in 2014.
- He had written numerous books on India’s freedom struggle and the role of Odisha in it.
- His important works are ‘Kalapanira Angisikha’, ‘Agnujugar Aahwan’, ‘Bharatara Sasastra Mukti Sangram’, ‘Sahid Basu Bisnini’, ‘Kanika Prajaandolan Itihas’, ‘Netaji Aao feri Nahanti’, ‘Fashi Manchare Biplabi’ etc.
Davide Astori dies at the age of 31
Fiorentina captain and Italy international Davide Astori has died at the age of 31.
- Fiorentina, is a professional Italian football club from Florence, Tuscany.
- Read Latest One Line Current affairs of March 2018
- Note: (All Highlighted & Every Single point is IMP So Don’t be Miss)
- Some More Current affair Will be Update Every Day Evening: 8 Clock.(So Don’t be Miss to check)