Every exam preparation related Current affairs are updated every day along with Current affairs Quiz (You will find Quiz at the end of each days’ 8 clocks) on the Current affairs Quiz page.These current events are prepared from The Hindu, PIB, Business Standard, Et, Wikipedia and other standard sources.
PhonePe partners with IOCL for deployment of PoS terminals
Digital payments entity PhonePe has partnered with Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) for the adoption of its indigenously-designed Point of Sale (POS) device at IOCL retail outlets.
- As part of this partnership, customers can pay using UPI, credit and debit cards, PhonePe wallet and other external wallets like Jio Money & Freecharge for their fuel purchases, through the PoS device at 30 IOCL retail outlets in Bengaluru.
Indian Oil Corporation
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairman: Sanjiv Singh
- Founded: 2015
- CEO: Sameer Nigam (Dec 2015–)
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
India’s second mission to the moon Chandrayaan-2 likely in April
The Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) is planning to launch Chandrayan-2 Mission around April this year.
Chandrayaan-2 is the country’s second mission to the moon.
- “Chandraayan-2 is a challenging mission as for the first time we will carry an orbiter, a lander and a rover to the moon,” .
if the mission’s launch could not take place in April due to unsuitable weather, the window for launch is open till October this year.
- ISRO was established in 1969.
- Chairman : K Sivan
- Founder and 1st Chairman of ISRO- Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai,
- Headquarters in- Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Milkbasket recognised as ‘Startup of the Year’ 2017
Milkbasket, India’s first and largest micro-delivery platform has been recognised as ‘Startup of the Year’ 2017 at the 7th Small Business Awards.
Venue: New Delhi
- Co-founder and CEO of Milkbasket is Anant Goel.
Australia’s most-capped female player Blackwell retires
Alex Blackwell Australian vice-captain and long-serving New South Wales skipper announced her retirement from international and state cricket
- Blackwell made her debut for Australia in a one-day international against England in 2003 and went on to play 251 matches across all three formats for her country.
Chennai Open ATP: Yuki Bhambri finishes runner-up in Men’s Singles
India’s Yuki Bhambri has finished as runner-up in the Men’s Singles in the “Chennai Open ATP Challenger Tennis Tournament.”
- In the final in Chennai, he was beaten by top-seeded Australian Jordan Thompson in three sets 7-5, 3-6, 7-5.
Australia Capital: Canberra
PM: Malcolm Turnbull
Virgin group, Maharashtra Govt. enter agreement to build Hyperloop
The Virgin Group has signed an ‘intent agreement’ with the Maharashtra State government to build a hyperloop transportation system between Mumbai and Pune.
- The hyperloop is expected to reduce travel time between the cities to 20 minutes, from the present three hours.
- The first hyperloop route will link central Pune with Mumbai.
Founded: February 1970
Chairman: Richard Branson
Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
Governor: C. Vidyasagar Rao
- Tarapur Atomic Power Station,
- Koyna Dam = Koyna River
- Chandoli Nationalpark
Manavaditya wins silver in Qatar Open shotgun meet
Manavaditya Singh Rathore has won a silver medal in the “Qatar Open Shotgun meet”.
Venue: Lusail, Qatar.
- Participating in the junior men’s trap event, Manavaditya shot 118 to finish second on the podium behind Italy’s Angelo Scalzone, who shot 119.
Currency: Qatari riyal
Pm: Abdullah Bin Nasser Bin Khalifa Al Thani
R B Pandit has taken over as the Commandant of INA
Vice Admiral SV Bhokare, AVSM, YSM, NM handed over his responsibilities as the Commandant, Indian Naval Academy (INA) to Vice Admiral RB Pandit, AVSM after a successful tenure of over 15 months, on, Monday, 19 February 2018.
- Vice Admiral RB Pandit: Commandant Indian Naval Academy (INA)
- Replace = S V Bhokare
Indian Naval Academy
Founded: May 1969
Location: Ezhimala,kannur, Kerala
IIEST will confer an honorary D Litt to former president Pranab Mukherjee.
The Indian Institute Of Engineering Science And Technology Will Confer An” Honorary D Litt “On Former President Pranab Mukherjee At Its Convocation On March 4.
- Honorary D Litt = Former President Pranab Mukherjee
- Honorary D Litt By = Jadavpur University = Last Year
Established: 24 November 1856
Chairman: Koppillil Radhakrishnan
Director: Ajoy Kumar Ray
Location: Shibpur, Howrah, West Bengal
North India gets first all women Staff railway station
Gandhi Nagar railway station has become the first all-women Staff railway station in north India and second in Indian railways.
- The station has about 40 staff — right from the station master to the porter, all are women. These women will be working round the clock in shifts like any other railway station.
Imp To Learn.
- Gandhinagar Railway Station = Jaipur
- First For Rajasthan and Second In Country To Be “Manned” Solely By Women
Mumbai’s Matunga Railway Station Is India’s 1st To Be Manned By All-women Staff
Matunga Station = Limca Book Of Records For All-woman Staff
Cm: Vasundhara Raje
Governor: Kalyan Singh
- Sariska National Park,
- Keoladeo National Park
Two Indian-Americans Selected for Virginia’s Top Science Award
Indian-American researchers have been selected for Virginia’s top science award for their contribution and deep commitment towards the betterment of human health globally.
Arun J Sanyal and Parthik Naidu are among six people selected by Virginia Governor Ralph Northam for the 2018 Outstanding STEM Awards.”
- Arun J Sanyal And Parthik Naidu
Virginia’s 2018 Outstanding Stem (Science, Technology, Engineering &
- Mr Sanyal Has Developed Training Programmes In Liver Disease Diagnosis And Treatment.
- Mr Naidu,18, Has Developed A Machine Learning Software To Study 3d Interactions Of The Cancer.
Cabinet approves India-Israel pact on film co-production
The Union Cabinet, chaired by PM Modi, retrospectively approved an agreement on film co-production between India and Israel.
India * Israel
Sector: For Film Co-production
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Currency: New Shekel
- Pm: Benjamin Netanyahu
‘International R&D Conclave’
R.K.Singh has inaugurated the ‘International R&D Conclave’ on Emerging Opportunities and Challenges of R&D in Indian Power Sector.
- Organised By = Central Electricity Authority (CEA)
Union Minister Of State (Ic) For Power And New & Renewable Energy,
- R.k. Singh
- Constituency: Arrah, Bihar
India Has Successfully Testfired Its Medium Range Nuclear Capable Agni-ii Missile.
India Successfully Test-fired Indigenously Developed
- “Medium Range Nuclear Capable = Agni-ii Missile”
- Integrated Test Range (ITR) From Abdul Kalam Island Off The Odisha Coast
- Developed By = DRDO
Here is Some Facts About Agni II missile you should know:
- 1. Agni II missile has a strike range of more than 2,000 km and is 20 metres long.2. Agni II missile weighs 17 tonnes and can carry a payload of 1,000 kg.
DRDO= Defence Research And Development Organisation
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: New Delhi
International Mother Language Day is observed Every Year on 21 February.
International Mother Language Day = 21 February
Theme: Linguistic Diversity And Multilingualism Count For Sustainable Development
- Languages are the most powerful instruments of preserving and developing our tangible and intangible heritage.
- Founded: 24 October 1945
- Secretary-general: Antonio Guterres (9Th)
- Deputy Secretary-general: Amina J. Mohammed (Nigeria)
- Member Country: 193
- Headquarters: New York City
Centre Has Constituted A Committee To Study The Brahmaputra And Flood Control Measures In Assam And neighbouring States.
- Committee Headed By Vice Chairman of Niti Aayog: Rajiv Kumar
National Institution For Transforming India
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- Founded: 1 January 2015
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Capital: Dispur
- Cm: Sarbananda Sonowal
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
” Mahaudyog Sanman”
Maharashtra Government Has Awarded Ratan Tata With The Mahaudyog Sanman, For His Contribution To The Development Of The State.
- Former Chairman: Tata Group: Ratan Tata
- Top Industrial Award :Mahaudyog Sanman, Maharashtra Government
French jazz violinist Didier Lockwood dies suddenly at 62
- He was a Disciple Of Late Stephane Grappelli.
He was known for experimenting with different sounds on the electric violin.
- Capital: Paris
- Currency: Euro
Veteran Telugu comedian Gundu Hanumantha Rao has passed away.
Gundu Hanumantha Rao has died, at 61.
- Profession: Veteran Telugu Comedian
- State: Andhra Pradesh
Nandi Awards Highest Award Ceremony = Telugu Cinema
- Note: (All Red Highlighted & Every Single point is IMP So Don’t be Miss)
- Every Single Current affair Will be Update Ever Day Evening: 8 Clock.(So Don’t be Miss to check)